Course Registration for 2019-2020
|Date Range||Registration Event|
|February 13, 8:00 a.m.||Registration window opens for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The Course Request portal in PowerSchool will open.|
|February 13 - February 20||Sophomores, juniors, and seniors make course selections on BOTH the Course Worksheet and on the Class Registration screen in PowerSchool|
|February 20, 3:30 pm.||The PowerSchool Class Registration portal closes for sophomores, juniors, and seniors.|
|February 21 - March 7||Counselors call sophomores, juniors, and seniors in for registration conference. Students bring Course Worksheets in with parental signatures. Course requests are finalized.|
|February 22||Incoming freshmen registration window opens. Students are notified of admission and students accepting admission may print and fill out the 9th Grade Course Worksheet.|
|February 22 - March 7||Incoming freshmen may pay their deposit through FACTS and email their completed and signed course worksheet to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of registration night. If payment and worksheet are received, you may skip registration night.|
|March 7||Incoming freshmen will submit a signed course worksheet and pay the deposit on Registration night if they have not yet completed both tasks. Incoming freshmen registration window closes.|
|March 20||Incoming freshmen will be able to view course requests on the Class Registration screen in PowerSchool.|
After May 24
|No schedule change requests will be accepted for sophomores, juniors, or seniors.|
|August 6||ONLY incoming freshmen will be given a one day opportunity to change their course selections in the afternoon directly following Orientation Day activities.|
Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Course Registration Process
- Print and fill out the Course Worksheet for your next year grade level:
- Students are to checkmark one course from each of the required categories. Courses that have a checkmark next to them will be automatically selected.
- If you are taking summer school credit, you may select an equivalent amount of elective courses.
- Select enough electives to fill your schedule, knowing you will have room for 7 courses per semester.
- Review selections with parents and obtain a parent signature.
- Students will transfer these selections to their Class Registration screen in PowerSchool between Feb. 13 and Feb. 20, and submit course requests. Then, bring the signed course worksheet with you when you meet with your counselor.
How do I enter course requests in PowerSchool?
- Only current students will enter course requests in PowerSchool.
- Sign in to PowerSchool and use your MySeton username and password to sign in. If you are a current student and do not remember your MySeton credentials, click here.
- On the left navigation bar, click on the "Class Registration" link.
- Click the "edit" button that looks like a pencil icon on the right to select a course in a category. Then, transfer your selections from the course worksheet to each corresponding category by selecting the checkbox next to the course title.
- You must make a selection for any category with a red exclamation. A green check mark to the right of a category means the category is not required.
- You will not be able to submit unless enough electives have been selected for a full schedule.
- Click submit when you are finished.
- Verify that you have correctly transferred course selections from your sheet to the Class Registration screen.
Summer School Registration
Summer school course offerings and times are listed on the Course Worksheet under their respective course groups. Request them on the same course worksheet. The summer session runs from June 3 - June 28, 2019. Half credit (.5) courses are $325, and 1 credit courses are $650. FACTS accounts will be charged May 24, and the last day to receive a refund is May 31. Accounts must be paid in full by May 31st to secure enrollment. For a complete list of summer course offerings, course descriptions, and times, click here.
Freshman Course Registration Process
- Print and fill out the 9th Grade Course Worksheet. You will not know your student ID # until you receive an email from Seton IT after registration night. You may leave that blank for office use.
- Students are to checkmark one course from each of the required categories.
- Courses that have a checkmark next to them will be automatically selected.
- If you are taking summer school credit, you may select an equivalent amount of alternate elective courses.
- Review selections with parents. Students must obtain a parent signature on the course worksheet.
- Parents sign the form and return it to counselors on registration night, March 7, 2019.
- Returning families may wish to skip registration night. If you wish to skip registration night, pay the deposit through your FACTS account and email the completed and signed 9th Grade Course Worksheet to email@example.com.
How do I change my course selection after the registration window closes?
After the meeting with your counselor to confirm your course selection, there will be a brief window of time to change your requests. Any changes would require a second meeting with your counselor to acquire a course change request form. This form must then be signed by the parent and returned to the counseling office for the change to be made.
Schedules will be visible in PowerSchool at the end of July.
Once registered for courses, the opportunity for students to initiate a schedule change occurs during the last two weeks of the preceding academic year. After the academic year has begun, all requests to change or drop a scheduled course for either semester are made through the student’s counselor for one of the following reasons: Teacher recommendation based on the student ability/misplacement in a course or the student request based on a desire for a heavier academic load. Students are not permitted to drop year-long courses at the semester.