For specific information on Dance courses, please see the course catalog.
Dance 2 and Company Dance Auditions
Thank you for your interest in the Seton Catholic Preparatory High School Dance Department. Here is the information you will need for the upcoming dance audition:
Dates: Monday, March 25 th and Tuesday, March 26 th
Location: Dance Room #103 (Located in basement in the Fine Arts Building)
Time: Monday 3:30pm-5pm
Tuesday 3:30pm- approximately 5pm
Audition days agenda:
3:15-3:30pm – Registration
3:30-3:40pm – Announcements
3:40- 3:55pm - Group warm up and stretch
4-5pm- Learn jazz funk dance routine
3- 3:30pm: Open dance floor. (Students may come in and practice jazz technique and dance routine. In addition, students will need to stretch on their own.)
3:45pm – approximately 5pm: Small group jazz technique and dance routine auditions
*Once you have auditioned, you may leave. Therefore you may get done earlier than 5pm
- Top: T-shirt (not too loose), tank top or leotard
- Bottoms: Jazz Pants, leggings, or basketball shorts.
- NO spandex shorts or sweat pants
- Hair: Ponytail or bun
- Footwear: Jazz shoe, Foot Undeez or bare feet.
Technique requirements (right and left side):
- Chaînés Turns
- Grand Battement (Front high kick)
- a) Double/Triple Pirouette- Company Dance
- b) Single Pirouette (clean) – Dance 2
- Single Stag
- Front Leap
- Side Leap
- Incoming Freshmen: Will receive an e-mail by Thursday, March 28th
- Current Seton students: A list will be placed after school outside the dance room door on Thursday, March 28 th
- All school counselors will receive a list with who made Company and Dance 2 so that appropriate schedule changes can take place.
Company Dance Fee: There is a $150 fee to be in Company Dance. The money will cover a Seton spirit shirt, Seton sweatshirt, and 2 choreographers. Money will not be due until the first week of the fall school semester.
Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you and see you at the audition!
480-963-1900 Ext. 2110