All parents or guardians of students attending Seton Catholic Preparatory are members of the Seton Parents Association. Parent support is essential to the success of our programs and we welcome ALL levels of participation. The Parents Association is a friendly, welcoming group of parents with a common interest—offering our gifts of time, talent and treasure to better our kids’ experiences while they are at Seton. This is reflected in our group’s mission statement: To support our entire Seton Catholic Preparatory family. We promote a Christ-centered community through programs, events and activities.
Our objectives are to:
- Support faculty/staff appreciation events and student social activities
- Build a community via our volunteer network
- Encourage the use of SCRIP
- Provide services and programs to meet parents’ needs.
Attending quarterly meetings, volunteering for one of our committees and purchasing and utilizing the SCRIP program are all ways you can stay connected to your student’s experience here at Seton.
Our activities include:
- Staff appreciation (luncheons and Christmas bonus program)
- Student social activities (games, music and food during lunch each quarter)
- Senior Brunch
- Parent Education Speaker Series
- Community of Concern (outreach to families in crisis)
- New Family Program (outreach and support to families new to our campus).
For more information about how you can become involved with any of the Seton Parents Association activities on campus, please contact Laura Burdick, 2016-2017 President.
2016-2017 SPA Board
Executive Board Members:
President - Laura Burdick
Vice President - Beth Muehlhausen
Treasurer - Mary Couture
Recording Officer - Marisela Ceja-Galindo
Communication Officer - Eileen Hemingway
New Family Officer - Sharla Mendoza
Community of Concern-Campus Ministry - Toni Stevenson & Suzanne Kallay
Student Social Activities - Tina Larsen
Staff Appreciation - Patty Molloy
Hospitality - Darlene Nimsger & Yvonne Pastore
Christmas Bonus - Amy Thompson
Senior Brunch - Laurie Pretzman
Parent Social-Trivia - Laura & Fred DeCaro
Advisory Board Liaison - Susan Fugger