Thank you for inquiring about employment at Seton Catholic Preparatory. Information on employment opportunities at Seton Catholic Prep can be found at the Diocese of Phoenix Catholic Schools website.
Purpose and Scope
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs skilled and semiskilled building maintenance and repairs requiring a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and minor electrical work; responsible for general upkeep and cleaning of the school and the grounds; performs related work as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Assures school buildings and grounds are maintained in a manner that provides a healthy, safe and attractive physical environment.
- Performs plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other minor repair work on the facilities when needed.
- Performs minor construction, basic mechanical maintenance and implements preventative maintenance schedules on buildings and equipment.
- Paints and repairs walls, repairs various types of furniture, doors, windows, floors, gates, roofs and ceilings.
- Prepares classrooms and meeting halls for special events and activities coordinating with the school staff.
- Picks up supplies and parts from vendors as needed.
Additional Job Functions
Performs any other job-related duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Director of Finance or Principal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Working knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods and practices involved in building and grounds maintenance and repair, including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and painting.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to provide own transportation for job-related responsibilities.
- Ability to be available for emergencies as needed.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative attitude and effective working relationship with school employees, volunteers and parents.
- Graduate of trade school or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Three years work experience in a similar position.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
To Apply: Applicants should send their resume to Bob Esposito at firstname.lastname@example.org